We're on a mission to make Blockchain technology accessible and useful for everyone, and a major part of that mission is how we educate our developers through documentation, case studies and training materials. As a Technical Writer, you'll play the crucial role of creating and maintaining the above resources. Blockchain is a new paradigm of solving problems with software, and your role will be pivotal in deciding how well this new paradigm is understood, and used. As a part of the Devleoper Relations team, you'll be tackling interesting challenges and will be providing creative solutions to them.
Our teams are working at a fast pace, releasing new features and tools for developers to use and create novel solutions. Since developers are at the center of our ecosystem, to make them successful, we need plenty of developer documentation. This developer documentation has to strike a fine balance between being elaborate, and yet being easy to understand. This is a chance to create content which inspires developers out there to build next generation software solutions.
Since the technology we're building is so radically different and is changing at a fast pace, the documentation also needs to keep up. This gives you a chance to play with different content delivery formats and mediums, too. This role is ideal for individuals who can take charge of this function, code using our technology (if required) to get a sense of what it can do, and then share that learning through developer documentation.
How will you contribute:
We are looking for people who have previous experience with writing technical documentation, and a knack of understanding technology, programming and how developers consume different developer content. You'll pick up our existing documentation, and take it to the next level.
With that in mind, here's an example of opportunities that you'll get in this role:
• Understand the key points of our technology, and create easy and interesting to read developer documentation.
• Work with members of different teams (e.g. Engineering, Research, Marketing, Developer Advocates) to come up with ideas and create developer content, such as concepts, how-to’s, dev-blogs, and case studies.
• Help in coming up with a healthy content publishing calendar.
• Own the Documentation experience - which includes Topology, Tonality, Copy, and Updates.
• Contribute in gathering and publishing readership metrics.
• Work with marketing to ensure availability of Developer Content, aligning with any marketing activity.
• Have an informed opinion about developer experience, and advocate for our developers, for ease of understanding, in all the developer facing content we produce.
• Provide technical writing expertise to non-documentation related content, e.g. an online course, developer case studies etc.
• Approach our content with a goal of striking good balance between getting things done quickly, and finding detailed knowledge whenever required.
• Considerable experience with technical writing, developer documentation, and with solving different creative challenges.
• Ability to be a cross functional team player, working with different teams to get the documentation written, edited, published.
• Understanding of Analytics and how to measure readership.
• We would love to see samples of your writing.
Plus to have:
• Understanding of Blockchain, Java programming and any programming environments.
• Knowledge of how to code, to get a first hand experience of our products and tooling.
• Understanding of Hugo, GitHub and other static site generators
We’re the Open Application Network, an alternative to current platforms that gives control, privacy, and ownership back to platform participants. We want participants to innovate freely and have full autonomy over their creations. We believe tomorrow’s success stories won’t be built on yesterday’s platforms. And that’s why, to us, open is better.
At the Open Application Network we are looking for bright intelligent minds who will contribute in defining the future of Blockchain technology. Being bold, taking risks and moving fast is in our DNA. Living on the cutting edge of technology, we come to work everyday with unbounded enthusiasm for pushing the boundaries of what's possible with Blockchain technology.
We have an incredible story to tell. Check us out!
The Open Application Network is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.