Systems Software Developer (Blockchain Engineer)
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
What is in it for you?
How do you run code on the blockchain? It all starts with a virtual machine. At the Open Application Network, we are bringing system-level ideas, new and old, into the blockchain to solve this new world's problems of capability and scalability. In this elegant union of system programming and blockchain development, you will work as part of the Open Application Network virtual machine team to leverage new ideas to make the Open Application Networkvirtual machine the best in the industry. If the prospect of solving challenging low-level problems on a collaboration-focused team to build the foundation of the future blockchain interests you, let's connect…
How you will contribute…
We need people who are interested in our day-to-day challenges and the willingness to take ownership of complex problems as we design from-scratch our virtual machine:
• Bytecode instrumentation
• Concurrent task scheduling and data hazard management
• Data store design and optimization
• Determinism analysis
• Task isolation design (security)
• Reentrant data consistency
• Profiling analysis and optimization
Beyond the day-to-day, we also need to discuss the future and how to build it:
• How do we scale the blockchain?
• What is an ideal bytecode language?
• What is an ideal application language?
• Do we need to consider different execution models?
If any of this sounds interesting to you, we would like to talk to you.
What we are looking for the roles ...
• Must have strong educational background in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• Must have at least 7+ years of professional software development experience, at least 5 years in core Java or C++
• Must have strong Linux orientation, including comfortability with command line, shell scripts, etc.
• Comfortable with pair programming, adhoc whiteboarding, technical discussions, etc.
• Blockchain and open source experience would be an asset **but not a must**
• Low-level debugging experience would be an asset **but not a must**
• Experience with parallel programming would be an asset **but not a must**
Competencies we desire...
• Engineering / technical mindset (5/5)
• Extreme ownership (5/5)
• Leading with passion (5/5)
• Thinking big / Creativity & innovation (5/5)
We’re the Open Application Network, an alternative to current platforms that gives control, privacy, and ownership back to platform participants. We want participants to innovate freely and have full autonomy over their creations. We believe tomorrow’s success stories won’t be built on yesterday’s platforms. And that’s why, to us, open is better.
At the Open Application Network we are looking for bright intelligent minds who will contribute in defining the future of Blockchain technology. Being bold, taking risks and moving fast is in our DNA. Living on the cutting edge of technology, we come to work everyday with unbounded enthusiasm for pushing the boundaries of what's possible with Blockchain technology.
We have an incredible story to tell. Check us out!
The Open Application Network is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply.