What is in it for you?
Enabling mainstream businesses to integrate decentralized technology is full of challenges ranging from usability to professional software delivery. As the Software Engineer on the Developer Experience, you will lead and shape the technical strategy to make the journey into the web3 world a seamless and developer-friendly experience for businesses to build on top of The Open Application Network. This includes identifying and addressing gaps in core infrastructure, middleware & tooling, and end-user applications. If you are interested in bridging blockchain protocols to mainstream markets to solve business problems and add value to the overall ecosystem, then this job is for you.
We need people who are interested in our day-to-day challenges and the willingness to take ownership of ecosystem expansion and growth:
• Provide technical expertise in solution architecture, technology strategy and technical design decisions
• Architect, design and develop core products for the Open Application Network
• Bridge communication and technical requirements between the ecosystem and core team
• Lead technical research initiatives to identify gaps and opportunities from a blockchain development and overall usability perspective
• Design product-oriented solutions with a variety of technology and business partners
• Work closely with marketing, developer, finance and strategy teams to develop the brand and go-to-market strategies
• Manage relationships with ecosystem partners and build efficient communication channels to increase engagement
If any of this sounds interesting to you, we would like to talk to you.
• Must have strong educational background in Software Engineering or Computer Science
• 3+ years of proven hands-on experience with large-scale production software delivery involving all stages (architecture, design, development and deployment)
• At least 2+ years Java development experience
• Experience and familiarity with JVM-based languages
• Familiar and capable with Linux and other Unix-based systems
• At least 2+ year of blockchain development experience
• Full-stack experience with good knowledge of architecture, development and integration of APIs
• ReactJS or VueJS experince is nice to have but not a must
• Solid experience with architectural and analytical thinking
• Comfortable with agile methodologies and modern tech-based tools
• Must have experience with ecosystem development and coordination involving large number of parties
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Excellent time management, interpersonal and self organization skills
• Team player with extreme ownership
Competencies we desire...
• Engineering / technical mindset (4/5)
• Extreme ownership (5/5)
• Leading with passion (4/5)
• Thinking big / Creativity & innovation (5/5)
We’re the Open Application Network, an alternative to current platforms that gives control, privacy, and ownership back to platform participants. We want participants to innovate freely and have full autonomy over their creations. We believe tomorrow’s success stories won’t be built on yesterday’s platforms. And that’s why, to us, open is better.
At the Open Application Network, we are looking for bright intelligent minds who will contribute in defining the future of Blockchain technology. Being bold, taking risks and moving fast is in our DNA. Living on the cutting edge of technology, we come to work everyday with unbounded enthusiasm for pushing the boundaries of what's possible with Blockchain technology.
We have an incredible story to tell. Check us out!
The Open Application Network is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. Please note that we are a dog-friendly office. Please note that we are a dog-friendly office.