Hi, I’m Megan Wheeler, VP Marketing at The Open Application Network. I just joined, and I’m looking to build a team that will further our mission to solve the unintended consequences of platform economies.
That’s quite a mouthful, so here’s what it really means:
The OAN is solving problems that no other organization can solve.
We know that’s very aspirational, but we have a whole group of really smart, dedicated, talented people behind this mission, including CEO Matt Spoke, COO Ian Chan, and Head of Marketing Calvin Sribniak-Jones (as well as investors and advisors).
Don’t let yourself be intimidated by the thought of working for a Blockchain company – I was at first, until I started talking to the (awesome) people working here. The OAN isn’t just about cryptocurrency, although we do have our crypto asset Aion (which is part of our compensation package). You’ll have the opportunity to market both our brands, OAN and Aion, which makes for a unique challenge.
The real benefit of our technology is that it’s highly secure, scalable, and democratic – features that no other company is deploying like we are. We’ve just launched our Open Kits so any developer can connect to our API and build their own micro economy.
Here are some of the things we’re thinking about (that we want you to put down in writing and push out into the world):
Think of an Uber driver with a 4.8 star rating who’s completed 7,000 rides with no accidents, but who doesn’t own their rating and driving history. Now imagine this person wants to start driving for Lyft – they’d essentially have to start all over, even though they’re already an established driver. If that information sat on an open but secure platform – one built on our products – that driver could work for any company, even start their own, and have that data always be accessible. Uber and Lyft would benefit because they’d have new drivers with established histories – it's a win win. Now imagine this on a global scale for a range of other scenarios: YouTube’s content creators, Shopify’s merchants, Facebook’s users...the list goes on.
We’re not out to take down YouTube and Shopify – but we do want to create a means for platform users and creators to create open applications so that everybody wins.
If the thought of being part of this excites you, we want to hear from you. I hate cover letters, but I would love to see a portfolio of your work. And for those who crave a proper job description, here it is:
• Create and drive comprehensive digital marketing campaigns, content and programs that attract developers to use our platform
• Scale existing paid search, social, and other channels – expanding keyword coverage, experimenting with ad copy, targeting, landing page experience, SEO, etc.
• Own and manage the content of the website, as well as drive strategies to increase traffic and improve lead conversion
• Develop clear and compelling content designed to naturally attract links, grow organic traffic and drive awareness
• Take an experimental mindset: search for new channels, execute A/B tests, collect and analyze data, and continuously improve our online campaigns at a rapid pace
• Define goals and metrics for all demand generation programs
• Track, measure, and analyze campaign performance to constantly improve overall program effectiveness and increase the impact of marketing on developer acquisition
• Manage content design/multimedia with third-party vendors
• The main metric of this role is to acquire self-serve developers building on our platform
Generally, we are looking to pay in the $75,000 - $95,000 range. We are flexible, so please apply if you think you’re the right person and this is not within your range.
Besides salary, we also offer employees units of our cryptocurrency asset, a robust extended health plan, $1000/year professional development allowance, $500/year HSA, awesome downtown location, and open plan office with Friday lunch, snacks, and covfefe.
How We Hire
At The Open Application Network we are looking for bright intelligent minds who will contribute in defining the future of Blockchain technology. Being bold, taking risks and moving fast is in our DNA. Living on the cutting edge of technology, we come to work every day with unbounded enthusiasm for pushing the boundaries of what's possible with Blockchain technology.
Once you’ve applied, if we like what we see, you’ll have a phone chat with our recruiter, then a couple meetings with the team. We’ll take you through a quick analysis of your capabilities (no doing free work for us), then we make an offer. We believe in moving fast.
• 3 to 6 years of experience as a Growth Marketer or in a similar role driving top-of-funnel inbound growth using a variety of digital marketing tactics
• Extensive experience with Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools and Google Search Console
• Experience with marketing automation software (eg, HubSpot, Marketo, Pardot)
• Strong understanding of marketing strategy fundamentals
• Proven experience in creating and optimizing a developer acquisition funnel
• Very organized with proven project management experience
• Comfortable working both autonomously and in collaborative teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in Blockchain or tech is an asset
We’re the Open Application Network, an alternative to current platforms that gives control, privacy, and ownership back to platform participants. We want participants to innovate freely and have full autonomy over their creations. We believe tomorrow’s success stories won’t be built on yesterday’s platforms. And that’s why, to us, open is better.
At the Open Application Network we are looking for bright intelligent minds who will contribute in defining the future of Blockchain technology. Being bold, taking risks and moving fast is in our DNA. Living on the cutting edge of technology, we come to work everyday with unbounded enthusiasm for pushing the boundaries of what's possible with Blockchain technology.
We have an incredible story to tell. Check us out!
The Open Application Network is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. Please note that we are a dog-friendly office.