At The Open Application Network, our purpose is to solve the unintended consequences of platform economies. As the Product Designer will play a central role in simplifying and improving our customers' lives by deeply understanding their needs, envisioning thoughtful and effortless design solutions, and working collaboratively with a dedicated delivery team to bring them to reality.
Here's how you will make an impact:
- Be curious and connect with our customers by conducting interviews and collecting feedback — user research plays a pivotal role in helping us feel the burdens of entrepreneurs.
- Collaborate closely with your teammates in product management, engineering to develop a deep awareness of the product domain, business strategy and market opportunity, technical capabilities and constraints, and more
- Apply your ability to distill complex and disparate information to map out user flow, help the team visualize your solution, and begin to bring it to life
- Continue leading the design process to build out interactive wireframes and visually engaging high fidelity prototypes for use in user testing and soliciting feedback
- Work in the open, share, and iterate your designs based on input from collaborators, with a deep focus on simplicity, elegance, and ease of use, while being mindful of practicality and the need to work at pace
You'll thrive here if you have:
- 4+ years of product and/or UX design experience
- A portfolio that showcases your excellent understanding of interface and interaction design, fundamental visual design principles like typography and layout, and product thinking, with a web, responsive, or mobile focus
- Demonstrated ability to bring clarity and ease of understanding to a conceptually complex domain
- Strong and effective communication skills — one on one or in group settings, articulating design decisions, leading review sessions, and explaining difficult concepts to others is second nature
- Initiative to dive in and confidently start solving challenges, and the ownership to see things through from initial concept to deploy
- Experience working on an agile delivery team and a track record of successfully shipping a project to production
- Detailed working understanding of the technical underpinnings of modern software, and awareness of what is possible and feasible
- Comfortable with ambiguity, and the flexibility to work in a fast-paced, fluid environment where formal requirements or design guidelines may not always be readily available
- Bonus points: Ability to implement your designs in frontend code, experience working with or directly contributing to a formal design system.
What we offer:
- Robust benefits plan
- $500/year health spending account
- $1000/year professional development budget
- Friday lunch, snacks, and coffee
The Open Application Network is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out! We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. Please note that we are a dog-friendly office.
We’re The Open Application Network, an alternative to current platforms that gives control, privacy, and ownership back to platform participants. We want participants to innovate freely and have full autonomy over their creations. We believe tomorrow’s success stories won’t be built on yesterday’s platforms. And that’s why, to us, open is better.
At the Open Application Network we are looking for bright intelligent minds who will contribute in defining the future of technology. Being bold, taking risks and moving fast is in our DNA. Living on the cutting edge of technology, we come to work every day with unbounded enthusiasm for pushing the boundaries of what's possible with technology.